Bioven Ingredients Rennet - Chymosin Enzyme (Liquid)
Cas No: 9001-98-3
Description: Bioven Ingredients produces and manufactures high purity Chymosin Enzyme. Cheese production requires the use of a 323 aminoacids protein called chymosin (also known as rennin). Chymosin (36 kDA) is a proteolitic enzyme which is usually obtained from calf stomachs. The role of this enzyme is to coagulate the milk, which is very important for digestion of milk in young animals.
- Chymosin is added in the manufacturing of cheese.
- Proteolytic enzyme coagulate milk causing separation of curd and whey.
- Cymosin is a proteolytic synthesized chief cells in the stomach.
- Chymosin is secreted as an inactive proenzyme called prochymosin.
- Chymosin is most active in acidic environment.